Some things that are making my heart hurt:
1) The Rockies got swept for the first time this season.
2) Holding the broom were the San Francisco Giants who are a) the World Champions, b) our biggest division rivals now and likely throughout the season, and c) not really all that nice.
3) After going 17-8 in April, the Rockies are 1-6 so far in May.
4) Jorge De La Rosa got his first loss after starting out as strong as he ever has. It came despite the extraordinarily professional way in which he adjusted to some control problems in the early innings. He gave up 4 walks in 2 innings, but held the Giants scoreless by getting 2 double plays and 2 strikeouts. Of course, he did allow 4 hits, one of which was an RBI single to Cody Ross and another of which was a 2-run home run to Cody Ross (scoring Buster Posey, who walked). But it was a good start. He really wasn't outpitched by the Giants' Ryan Vogelsong. And yet, the loss.
5) The Rockies now lead the division by only 1 game.
6) Jim Tracy's disparaging comments about the team to the press. He's such a fatherly manager most of the time, and if he goes all Ozzie Guillen on me I'm going to be very upset. Granted, the things he said were true, but he's not winning any popularity contests with Rockies fans right now, and if he can't take responsibility for his own part in these losses, we're going to like him even less.
7) The bats. Everything about them. The fact that they were pink actually made it worse. If the Major League Baseball community intends to do to breast cancer what the Rockies did to the baseball today, we're all in an enormous amount of trouble.
That's all. I'm going to go nurse my hurting heart now.